Thursday, October 23, 2008

Six Weeks

I actually thought I'd be posting more frequently than once a week, but somehow time seems to pass too quickly for that.  Six weeks ago today I was in labor.  And seven weeks ago I could barely put my own socks on.  Crazy to think about that.  These days I love to put on socks, run up the stairs, scoot my chair in close to tables, etc.  

The girls are at the famous six-week point, which I've read or have been told means that:
  • they may start sleeping longer at night (yay!)
  • they are at their crankiest (boo)
  • Jasmine's laryngomalacia (harmless squeaking on inhalation) should start improving (yay)
  • they should start becoming more interactive (yay)
We'll see.  They have already outgrown one size of clothing which was somewhat shocking to me.  They now officially wear "0-3 months" and no longer fit in "newborn".  Same with diapers -- they've graduated from "N" to "1".  Isn't that fascinating?  I'm turning into a mom who thinks that diaper triva is interesting!  Okay, I've got to do something about that.

Smiles are still pretty rare, but they are making eye contact and getting interested in looking at dangly toys - especially the one that lights up.

Mel and I have joined a group for new parents called PEPS.  It's pretty popular in Seattle.  There's one other couple with twins in our group, and we've bonded a bit over our similar concerns and realities.  It's always nice to hear from someone who is having the same experiences.

1 comment:

Grandpa P said...

Another adorable picture/pose (says an unbiased grandpa). At 6 weeks, 3 "yays" and only 1 "boo" isn't too bad. Hopefully the yays will overwhelm the boo! Thanks for keeping up the blog. Knowing how busy you must be keeping up with the twins it is admirable that you can update the blog every week!