Thursday, October 16, 2008

Five Weeks

Another week gone.  This week Dad is on a business trip, so Mom and Grandma are flying solo, er, duo.  The girls are getting a larger repertoire of expressions and sounds, which is fun.  We're starting to get a few smiles, but they're still fairly rare.  I'm looking forward to getting more of these as they get a little older.  Mel and I have joined a Seattle group for new parents, and I have heard from many of them that something magical happens around the 6-week point, namely longer and more predictable sleep periods.  Here's hoping!

Yesterday I had a bunch of energy when I woke up, so Grandma
 and I took the girls to the cafe in carriers for the first time.  That was quite successful - they slept comfortably the whole time.  I felt pretty stylish with the cute carrier that my sister-in-law Rachel made. After that we bundled into carseats and went to Babysrus to get a play gym!  That was exciting too, but by the end of that, Mom was feeling sick with a cold.  So now we are lying low and hoping that everyone makes it to the end of the week healthy.


2 comments:

Grandpa P said...

I'm enjoying your blog too Shannon. I love the pics - the girls are adorable. Grandma looks like she is enjoying her new role! Hope you feel better soon.

Rachel said...

You look great Shannon! The girls are adorable. So glad we can get updates on them!